Monday, July 12, 2010

MY IDEA FIRST

These are my Wild Child Zebra shoes that I sell on Etsy. They are my most popular style on Etsy and anywhere else that I sell. This is the first version with a bow. This is the second version with a fluffy flower. I've also done them in a high top version and in a sandal.

And this is a shoe that I found on the internet last week. See anything similar? Much to my delight, this shoe is not available until July 25th, so it was definately my idea first. Not too impressed with the large aqua bow on the back, but I sure wish I had that cute tag on my Wild Child shoes.



So what is it they say? "Imitation is the best form of flattery". Yes that's it, but I doubt that's the case here...just a case of coincidence. I doubt very much this large manufacturer saw my little shop on Etsy and said, "Cute name, let's copy it". Fun for me to think that's what happened though!


Terri



No comments:

Post a Comment