Monday, July 12, 2010

BACKYARD WILDLIFE

In the last few months, our backyard has seen it's share of visitors. First you need to know that according to our friends and relatives from the midwest that have been here to visit, our backyard is the size of a postage stamp. In other words it's quite small. It's entirely fenced in, but somehow it's been attracting it's share of wildlife. First a bunny trying it's best to get into the house through our sliding door. Then a skunk that scared the living day lights out of my husband when he realized he was only moments away from being sprayed. And this was yesterday's intruder. I've been looking on the internet to see if I could find out what kind it is, but no luck yet. Any ideas?
This is my husband trying to get the snake out from behind our gardening supplies. He finally ended up trapping it in the garbage can and taking it back to it's home in the wilderness. My apologies for the not so clear photo. I took the picture from behind the screen door. There was no way I was going to go outside.
So I'm wondering what our next backyard visitor will be. I think I prefer the hummingbirds. What's in your backyard?
Terri


No comments:

Post a Comment