Thursday, November 18, 2010

OLD DOG, NEW TRICK

I used to love to swim when I was growing up. I can remember how much fun it was to meet my friends at the pool and spend the afternoon swimming and diving. About a year ago I decided to take up swimming again. I love starting my day with an early morning swim as the sun is coming up over the hills. I don't pretend to be a great swimmer, I just take my time and swim my laps in the peace of the early morning. Recently I've been thinking how fun it would be to act like a "real" swimmer and learn how to do flip turns. I did them as a kid, but there's something about being 50 and possibly hitting my head on the side of the pool that just doesn't hold any appeal. On the other hand, I've been so jealous of the other swimmers who make it look so easy. Well, yesterday was the day! I finally found the courage to try it and didn't hit my head on the side or the bottom. Oh my gosh, it was so much fun! Now I'm not saying I did it with style, but I did it. I'm also not saying I always did it straight, so watch out if you are in the lane next to me! The point is, it's never too late to teach that old dog a new trick!

Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment