Wednesday, June 2, 2010

IT'S A QUILT

So, I finished the quilt with a week to spare, and here it is. Each block is 10" square and it hangs about 6" over the side of a full size bed. I wasn't planning to make it that big, but somehow it developed a life of it's own and just kept growing. Just in case the front wasn't colorful enough, the polka dot that you see in the upper right hand corner is the flannel backing. I'm quite sure that this is enough color to wake up even the sleepiest of college students! I think everyone needs a special quilt to take with them when they leave home to go to college. Each time my niece wraps herself up in it, I hope she can feel the love that went in to making it for her. Do you have a special quilt that someone has lovingly made for you?
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment