Thursday, April 22, 2010

WHERE I CREATE

I have a real fascination with artist's creative spaces. I love looking at what they do, how they do it, and most importantly how they organize and store their supplies. Some artist's have large beautiful, relaxing spaces that I could live in. Others create amazing art in the smallest of spaces. I'm lucky enough to have a space devoted just to whatever I want it to be. It's where I can express myself without it needing to match the decor of the rest of the house. Here's a quick look at MY CRAFT ROOM.

I do alot of card making so the supplies I use the most must always be within arm's reach. Why get off the chair if I don't need to! I have a real obsession with ribbon and it started taking over my supply bins so I decided to hang it where it's in plain sight. I don't know about you, but I tend to forget what I have if I can't see it. In the bins above the ribbon are some of the fabrics I use for shoes and quilts. When I decide to go from cardmaking to sewing, the machine comes out of the closet and on to the table.
My dad made this wooden ladder for me to store quilts on. Unfortunately I don't have very many finished quilts as I tend to give them all away. I think most of what you see on the ladder in this photo still needs to be finished. The purple and white one third from the bottom was hand stitched by my great grandmother.

This is the cozy corner of my space. I love my tattered old loveseat and favorite pink and green quilt. My dad also made the wooden hutch hanging on the wall. Over the years it's been many different colors and has hung in almost every room in my house. I think it's perfect where I have it right now. On the wall are my inspiration boards that I wrote about in an earlier post. They change every so often depending on my mood. The chair to the right of the loveseat was my grandma's chair that she used at her sewing machine. I love having a piece of her in my room.
So this is my "HAPPY SPACE" where I go to make something for a loved one, to sit with a glass of wine and scour through craft magazines, or sew a pair of shoes for a little person. Hope you enjoyed the tour! And no, it's not always this clean. I tidied up just for your visit! Next time, my daughter's craft space.
Where do yo create?
Terri


No comments:

Post a Comment