Monday, December 6, 2010

HOLIDAY GIFT GIVING GUIDE

One of my favorite Christmas memories as a child, was looking through the Sears Christmas Catalog when it came out. I think it was called "The Wish Book" or something like that. I know that I'm dating myself a bit here, but does anyone else remember anxiously awaiting those moments of delight when you could touch the pages of all those wonderful toys and gifts?

Here's the modern day version of "The Wish Book". It's a gift giving guide put together by Kim of Tomkat Studios and a fabulous list of vendors worthy of hours of drooling. Visit Kim's blog here to browse the catalog. And while you're looking, pay special attention to page 24. In the upper right hand corner is a Potholder Loom. It's much like the one that Santa brought me one year that just happened to also be in the the treasured Sears Christmas Catalog. That loom brought me hours of delight as I tried to weave the perfect potholder, and now thinking about it, was probably the beginning of my love of crafting.

Oh the memories...
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment