Tuesday, September 21, 2010

WHAT WAS I THINKING?

Ok. If you are a crafter, you know the conversation that you have in your head. You struggle between wanting SO BADLY to "take up that new craft", and knowing that the last thing you need is to "take up that new craft." So it was, with knitting for me. I used to knit years ago. I wasn't very good at it. I was so tense when I knit that the yarn used to squeak on the needle! It just wasn't fun. I admitted failure and gave away all my kniitting needles and leftover yarn. I was done. Until yesterday...

My cousin and her husband arrived to visit for a few days and while the guys were watching football, we ran in to the fabric store for just one thing. Kind of like the grocery store, I ran in for one thing and came out with extra fabric and some knitting books. WHAT? I don't knit any more so how did that happen?
My cousin, the knitter, didn't buy a thing. Me, the non-knitter got sucked in to the absolutely adorable baby patterns. "They're so easy", she said. "You can do this," she said. And after all, they were on sale! So here I am with the cutest baby patterns, and no needles or yarn. YET. Mom, can you send me your extra needles? I'll spring for the yarn. And when I admit defeat after hours of frustration trying to knit...to my dear cousin, you'll be getting the patterns, the needles, AND the yarn in the mail with a big sign that says,"HELP"!
Here's to INDULGING YOUR CREATIVE SIDE unless unlike me, you are able to listen to your PRACTICAL SIDE!
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment