Thursday, March 18, 2010

QUOTABLE

I'm a collector of quotes. I love a good quote be it funny or inspirational. I've been making cards for family and friends for years and enjoy finding just the right quote to accompany each handmade card. I found this particular quote in a magazine ad a few years ago. I think it was a Fiskars ad, but I'm not quite sure. It reads like this:

when i give a gift i made myself
first i feel proud, excited, and thoughtful
then i feel embarrassed and silly
and then i feel like i've given the best present
i could give...a part of me...
and then i feel embarrassed again

Well, if that doesn't sum up every emotion I feel every time I give a handmade gift, I don't know what does. After years of crafting and gift giving, and amidst the rollercoaster of emotions, I have learned one thing for sure. The best gifts I can give, are the ones that include a little piece of me.

Be creative. Be yourself.
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment